Dell Printer is among the top class printer manufacturers in the world. They have been providing users with highly efficient printers for several years. The printers which they provide are filled with features and also ensure high print results. Even though Dell printers are highly efficient in its functioning, there are certain malfunctioning which they come across. Error codes are often combinations of numbers and alphabets. They can also be individual depending upon the type of error that it would be indicating. There are several reasons because of which the user might encounter a glitch on the Dell Printers; it can be some technical issue or even some malfunction of the software. One error which has been seen often on Dell Printer is the error code 016-302. This is an error which is related to the printer’s driver software. When the users receive this error code, or when it is prompted on the screen, a prompt is generated which would ask the user to restart the computer. The technical issue which the error message conveys is ‘CPU illegal exception.’ If you face this issue while working on your Dell Printer, then there is nothing to be worried. The users can easily follow the information provided in this blog to solve the issue. The users also have the option of connecting with Dell Support, where they would get professional assistance.
Steps to solve Dell Printer error 016-302
The steps that the users would have to follow in order to solve the error 016-302 on Dell Printer is as given below:
Step 1: Disconnect the Data cable and then restart the printer
- The users would have to turn off their Dell Printer.
- You would now have to disconnect all the cables and wireless adaptors from the device.
- Now you would have to switch the printer back on without connecting any cables.
Step 2: Clear the Printer Queue
- When you find that even after the command is given, the printer does not print, then the task gets recorded in the printer queue option.
- You would now have to go to ‘Services’ option in the window and then click on Printer Spooler.
- Then you would have to select the option of ‘Stop.’
- Further, reconnect all the cables back to the device and then give the print command to check whether the error has been solved or not.
- If there are multiple systems attached to the printer, then delete all the tasks in the printer queue and then proceed ahead.
Step 3: Install the Printer Driver software again on your system
- The users would first have to uninstall the present driver from the system.
- You would then have to go to the official website of Dell and search for the suitable printer driver software which is suitable for your printer and OS.
- Once you have found the appropriate printer driver, download and then install the updated printer driver in the system.
When the users follow all the step given in the accurate order, then you would easily be able to solve the issue that you are facing. It is essential that the users solve the issue at the earliest to be able to resume their work with the printer. If at any point you come across the need for additional assistance, then you have the option of connecting with Dell Tech Support phone number. The users can easily connect with this service on a 24-hour basis and is entirely free of charge. By connecting with this customer service, the users would be able to avail professional assistance in solving the issue that they face.