Paper jam issues in HP Printers can become a cause of worry if you do not follow the basic troubleshooting steps. Many times when a user tries to forcefully load the paper in the input tray or try to snap the paper from the output tray, the paper gets torned, and some pieces get stuck in between. Sometimes accidentally foreign objects such as paper clips or pen caps fall inside the input tray. This is often overlooked by a user as it goes out of notice. To resolve the paper jam issues from your HP printer, you can read this blog. It presents to you a detailed step by step analysis when your printer stops feeding any paper. For any further details and clarifications on this issue, you can reach out to the certified experts at HP Printer Support.
The steps to resolve HP printer paper jam issues
- Begin by clearing any obstructions in the paper path.
- To start with remove the loose papers which can easily come out from the input tray. Do not remove any jammed paper in the starting.
- Press the power button to switch off the printer. If if it doesn’t switch off, unplug the USB cable from the backside of the printer and then the power cord.
- Turn to the backside of the printer and with the help of the flashlight look for any foreign objects that might have fallen inside the input tray. Pick up the objects carefully.
- Now turn to the front side of the printer. Carefully remove all the jammed papers from the output tray by pulling them gently. If any piece gets torned or stuck, remove them too.
- Once done, close both input and output trays to access the underside of the printer.
- Look for the cleanout door and press the plugs together to open it.
- Clear any papers that are stuck inside the door and close it.
- Once done, again look at the input tray. If any object got inside the tray while it was tilted, remove all the obstructions.
- In the next step, open the cartridge access door.
- Check the area, and if you find that any paper is stuck, remove them carefully.
- Once you have removed all the papers and the foreign objects, plug the USB cable and power cord back.
- If the printer doesn’t power on automatically, then press the power button.
- Load the input tray with a few papers. Make sure that you do not force the sheets inside.
- Try to print directly from the control panel of the printer.
- For that press the Black and White and Colored icon on the printer.
- If the printer prints the page correctly, then the issue is resolved.
But if you still find that the printer is not able to print, then you need to execute some other step. You can promptly connect to HP Printer support Number and have a word with the certified techies regarding the issue that you are facing.